Skip to main content

Information for Veterans & Dependents

Welcome to Grayson College Veteran Services Office!

The  Veteran Services Office (VSO)  provides services and support for all of your Veteran Affairs and State of Texas education benefits. In addition to certifying your benefits, they can answer questions and provide assistance with Financial Aid and Scholarships. The V SO  serves the needs of all military-affiliated students, prospective student veterans and dependents with uniquely tailored campus and community resources. The office works with other campus offices to focus on the transition and retention of veterans. We are here to serve you and connect you to the rest of campus. THANK YOU for your service to our country and we stand ready to serve you as you pursue your education.

Priority Enrollment for Student Veterans

Grayson College is in the process of honoring "Priority Enrollment" for our Veterans. This will allow a Veteran or Servicemember student to register for classes earlier than other students.

General Information for New Students

Apply for Admission at Grayson College

  • Submit an official copy of your official high school transcript or GED to Grayson’s Office of Admissions
  • Submit proof of Meningitis Vaccination
  • Submit a copy of DD214 Member 2 or 4 version to the VSO

It is essential that you visit the VSO to meet with an advisor for counseling on your next steps and detailed information about utilizing your educational benefits.

Visit MyViking to complete the following:

  • Apply for Financial Aid and scholarships
  • Check with VA office for testing exemptions and/ or requirements. Scores or exemptions are required prior to signing up for classes
  • Provide copies of all transcripts if you have attended any other institution(s). Request that your transcript(s) be evaluated and credit will be awarded, where applicable>
  • Meet with Veteran Advisor: Select courses. Register for classes
  • Final Steps: Pay tuition and fees (online or Business Office)
  • Obtain Student ID (Life Center)


Did you know as a student veteran, you might qualify for free meals?

Meals for Vets   is a program that provides   student veterans   who have low income with   free daily meals

To qualify, you are required to

  • have served at least 180 days federal active duty.
  • provide proof of service such as a DD-214.
  • provide proof of all household income and benefits.
  • meet the low-income qualifications.

Contact the Veteran Affairs Office at 903.415.2615 (phone) or by E-mail: You may also apply online at  Meals for Vets .

Mom’s Meals

You can also sign-up for Mom’s Meals   (two weeks of meals) to be sent via Federal Express every two weeks This program fits many married veterans and/or those who cannot use the school cafeterias due to absence, breaks between semesters, etc. The process is to apply at   , or if already registered for meals, call 830.992.3375.


In order to receive education benefits under the Post-9/11 or other Montgomery GI Bill® programs students must complete an application. Once this application is processed the Veterans Administration Office notifies each applicant by mail whether they qualify for benefits or not.

A “Certificate of Eligibility” is sent to those students who do qualify. This certificate tells the veteran how many months of entitlement they will receive and when their benefits expire. Students must bring a copy of their Certificate of Eligibility to the school in order to receive monthly benefit amounts.


  • Go to:
  • Click: Apply for Benefits (top left corner)
  • Click: Launch VONAPP and apply for benefits
  • Complete: VONAPP or Veterans Online Application
  • Once you submit your application we recommend that you print a confirmation copy for your records; doing so may save you time and money!

If you do not have the capability to apply online, you can visit the Veteran Services Office located in the Bridge. You can also call 1-888-GI BILL-1 (1-888-442-4551) to have a form mailed to you.


  • DD-214 – Member 4 or Service-2 copy
  • Request a copy of DD-214 at: or via  VA Ask a Question
  • Military Transcripts & College Credit for Heroes Evaluation – see below
  • Copy of Application for Benefits and/or
  • Copy of Certificate of Eligibility
  • Request duplicate copies at the Department of Veteran Affairs Education Call Center 1-888-442-4551



Joint Service Transcript (JST) -  https:// jst . doded . mil /

  • If you are prior Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, or Navy and do not have access to a Common Access Card (CAC) reader, then REGISTER for a JST account first.
  • Once registered Log into the JST system.
  • Click on the 'Transcripts' tab at the top of the page and then click the Official Transcript Request tab.
  • Type in Grayson College and click 'search' or hit the enter key.
  • On the order page verify all information is correct and chose a delivery method:

Online Delivery - You can order as many transcripts as needed for online delivery. Transcripts ordered by online delivery will be delivered via the web on the next business day.  Mail - Only 2 transcripts within 30 days can be ordered due to production and postage costs. Hard copies will be mailed on the next business day.

College Credit for Heros

Grayson College is participating in a statewide program called College Credit for Heroes. This initiative seeks to maximize college credits awarded to veterans and service members for their military experience in order to expedite their transition into the Texas workforce.

For more information, please contact the Veteran Services Office in the Student Life Center Bridge. You can also visit to request an official evaluation of your military training


Community College of the Air Force Transcript – CCAF

To request official transcript - go to:


Army and National Guard

E-Mail :  usarmy.knox.hrc.mbx.tagd- 

Toll Free: 1-888-276-9472 

Official Transcript Request Form (Army)

Coast Guard USCG Institute

Fax: (405) 954-7249 

Marine Corps

JST Technology Operations Center 

Fax: Comm: (850) 452-1909 
DSN: 459-1909 


Virtual Education Center (VEC) 

Fax: Comm: (757) 492-5095 
DSN: 492-5095 
Toll Free: 1-877-838-1659


The ACE Military Guide for Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services can be found on the website: