Mission & Vision
The mission of Grayson College is Student Success.
According to Texas Education Code 130.003 (e) the purpose of each public community college shall be to provide:
- Technical programs up to two years in length leading to associate degrees or certificates;
- Vocational programs leading directly to employment in semi-skilled and skilled occupations;
- Freshman and sophomore courses in arts and sciences;
- Continuing adult education for occupational or cultural upgrading.
- Compensatory education programs designed to fulfill the commitment of an admissions policy allowing the enrollment of disadvantaged students;
- A continuing program of counseling and guidance designed to assist students in achieving their individual educational goals;
Workforcedevelopment programs designed to meet local and statewide needs;
- Adult literacy and other basic skills programs for adults; and
- Such other purposes as may be prescribed by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board or local governing boards in the best interest of post-secondary education in Texas.
Grayson College is a premier learning college that transforms individuals, builds communities, and inspires excellence.
The Viking Values are balance, trust, clarity, teamwork, service, and gratitude.
At Grayson College, equity refers to providing what students need to be successful through the intentional design of the college experience. At its base, our approach to equity is rooted in fairness. We believe that access to a high-quality education in an inclusive environment is the right of all individuals and is imperative for the continued advancement of a strong democracy and workforce. We know the college serves as a beacon of hope for preserving access to higher education and success for all students, particularly students of color, low-income students, and other historically underrepresented student populations. Structural inequalities and systemic poverty that are often the result of historic and systemic social injustices have a negative impact on our vision of access and success. We acknowledge these inequities typically manifest themselves as the unintended or indirect consequences of unexamined institutional or social policies. All members of our team must commit to the pursuit of dismantling these barriers on our path to providing equity for students. This starts with routinely scrutinizing structural barriers to student success and is followed by executing an intentional approach to creating a climate of enacting equity-minded policies, practices (including employment practices and talent management) and behaviors that lead to success for all students.
Achieving the Dream College
Helping students be successful and helping build a quality workforce has been Grayson College’s role in our region for nearly five decades. Our services, programs, and processes have contributed to an environment for student success, and we have much to celebrate. With Student Success by the Numbers (SSBTN) we began to create a culture of data and evidence to guide our thoughts on how to improve students’ completion and persistence rates. Seeing the positive influence of SSBTN, it is time for Grayson College to evolve into an institution that has Student Success at the heart of every decision and action. By joining Achieving the Dream, we will embark on a multi-year journey that transforms the way we interact with, support, and teach our students while they achieve their educational goals.