Skip to main content

International Students


F-1 students who have questions should contact the Assistant Director of Enrollment Management, Audra Talley at talleya [at] grayson [dot] edu

Current International students are encouraged to register for classes as soon as possible. 

International students wishing to study at Grayson College as an F-1 student must complete the following procedures to be considered for admission.US Department of Homeland Security -Study in the States: Learn How

Step 1: English Language Proficiency

All tests must be sent directly to Grayson College. Students must submit a passing TOEFL or IELTS score, or must have completed ENG 1301 or its equivalent at another institution to qualify for admission to credit courses at GC. Passing TOEFL scores are: paper: 500; Internet-based TOEFL: 61. The IELTS minimum academic band score required is 5.0.


Step 2: Application

Step 3: Submit documents 

Mail the listed documents all together in one envelope to the address below or send a scanned copy to  talleya [at] grayson [dot] edu

Grayson College
Department of International Students
6101 Grayson Drive, Hwy 691
Denison, TX 75020-8299

Documents must be sent together in a single envelope. Failure to send materials in a single envelope may result in the denial of a student's application.

SpanTran is our recommended international transcript evaluation service. They have created a custom application for Grayson College that will make sure you select the right kind of evaluation at a discounted rate. You can access their application here: SpanTran Application - Grayson College

Step 4: Notification and visa

You will be notified by e-mail whether you have been accepted to GC. Once accepted, you will need to obtain an F-1 visa and plan your travel to the United States. Your acceptance letter will include additional information and requirements.

Step 5: Submit proof of health insurance

  • Provide a photocopy of your health insurance card (This can be provided once you arrive at Grayson College)
  • If you do not have health insurance you will need to purchase and provide evidence of new coverage on or before arrival at Grayson College
  • Although we do not endorse certain insurance companies, the following list of companies have proven to be very reliable for students:

Transfer Students - Additional Requirements

International students transferring from another U.S. college or university must submit a current passport, I-94 card, I-20 form, and transfer clearance form. These documents are required in addition to those that will be emailed after the online application is submitted.

Note: The Transfer Clearance Form must be completed by your current institution's Designated School Official (DSO) by the end of the semester.

For additional information or inquiries email talleya [at] grayson [dot] edu