- Presidents Note January 2020
- GC President chairs Community College Taskforce focused on reform
- Cheer Tryouts Scheduled for March 28
- Faculty Spotlight - Tonya Hance
- Faculty Spotlight - Robbie Jackson
- Survey reveals 60% of GC students experienced basic needs insecurity last year
- GC earns honor for excellence in student success
- Faculty Spotlight - Aimee Flynn
- Faculty Spotlight - Brandon Poteet
- Faculty Spotlight - Amanda Green
Faculty Spotlight - Amanda Green
Date: Fri, February 28, 2020 12:00 AM
Amanda Green-Chancy– Vocational Nursing
Get to know our incredible faculty with this Faculty Spotlight featuring Vocational Nursing Program Coordinator Amanda Green-Chancy!
Why do you teach?
I teach to help empower future nurses to become safe and confident in their practice, which ultimately increases patient outcomes. Also, I have a passion for learning. Teaching requires me to stay up to date with current practice.
What advice would you like to give your students?
Do not ever stop learning and taking courses. In nursing especially, there is always something new you can learn or become an expert in.
What goals have motivated you to get where you are?
I wanted to coach volleyball, softball and powerlifting and teach math in the high school setting
What college(s) have you attended?
Grayson College for my Associate Degree in Nursing and The University of Texas at Arlington for my Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
What job opportunities are there for students in your program?
Nurses can work in hospitals, urgent cares, clinics, physician offices, surgical centers, dialysis centers, long-term care facilities, home health agencies, hospice agencies, and schools.
- Case Management
- Cruise Ship Nurse
- Camp Nurse
- Insurance Agencies
What are the top employers for your program?
Long-Term Care Facilities, Pediatric Home Health Agencies & Physician Offices.
What is the average starting salary for someone graduating your program?