Kim Williams recognized at WOVI
Date: Mon, October 23, 2017 12:00 AM
Dr. Kim Williams, Dean of Grayson College's South Campus, was awarded the 2017 Education Mentor of the Year by Women of Visionary Influence (WOVI) at the organization's annual mentor luncheon on Oct. 20 in Dallas.
Awardees are recognized for formal or informal mentoring efforts that:
- Clearly encourage and motivate women to excel in the workplace.
- Provide special value to the workforce and/or the company.
- Impact measurable growth in others that affects the company’s bottom line or the community.
- Demonstrate leadership skills resulting in enhancement of work and/or community life.
- Exemplify mentoring traits that bring about positive change and adds value to the lives of others.
WOVI was founded in July 2001 by a group of twelve dedicated women led by Pauline Shirley and Teresa Smith. The organization offers women mentoring, education and leadership.