CLEP Exam (College Level Examination Program)
Steps for Taking the CLEP Exam at Grayson College
- Students who believe they possess the knowledge and skills essential in certain courses or programs may challenge these through credit by examination. You are eligible to take a CLEP exam if you have never been enrolled in the course.
- CLEP exams are open to anyone in the community; you do not have to be a GC student. If testing for credit at another college/university, be sure to determine that college’s requirements for accepting CLEP credit.
- Study materials are available at http://clep.collegeboard.org.
- Test Fees:
1. $89 CLEP fee paid when registering online
2. $25 administration fee payable to GC on test day
(check with driver’s license number or exact cash)
- Register for your exam at http://clep.collegeboard.org.
1. Create an account. Keep a record of your username and password.
2. Register to take your CLEP Exam.
3. Select your test center and score recipient.
4. Pay $89 CLEP fee.
5. Print your Registration Ticket.
- Call the Grayson College Testing Center at 903-463-8724 to schedule your testing appointment. Testing times are limited.
- Testing time for most exams is 90 minutes. Plan about two hours for check-in, instructions, test, and check-out.
- Arrive promptly on test date. Bring the following items:
1. CLEP Registration Ticket
2. $25 administration fee payable to GC (check with driver’s license or exact cash)
3. One valid government-issued photo ID that has both a photo and signature. Dantes-funded military candidates, please verify requirements with testing center. Name on ID must match name on Registration Ticket.
- You receive one point for each correct answer. Points are not deducted for wrong or skipped answers. You should answer every question.
- Normally, you will receive your unofficial score report instantly (with the exception of the College Composition, which takes three to four weeks to deliver). CLEP sends the official score report to your chosen institution in about two weeks.
- Follow the credit award policy at the college of your choice. At GC, when the Official CLEP score report is received and if passing scores have been earned, staff in the GC Office of Admissions and Records will add the credit to your transcript. About four weeks after testing, please check your MyViking to verify that the credit has been added to your transcript.
CLEP Exams are by appointment only.
|CLEP Exam||Passing Scores||GC Course Equivalent|
|American Government||53||GOVT 2305|
|Analyzing & Interpreting Literature||54||ENGL 2327|
|Biology||54||BIOL 1306/1307 & lab|
|Chemistry||53||CHEM 1311/1312 & lab|
|College Algebra||54||MATH 1314|
|College Composition||54||ENGL 1301|
|College Composition||58||ENGL 1301 & 1302|
|College Mathematics||59||MATH 1332|
|College Spanish Language||55||SPAN 1411|
|College Spanish Language||63||SPAN 1412|
|Financial Accounting||55||ACNT 1303|
|History of the US I||53||HIST 1301|
|History of the US II||54||HIST 1302|
|Human Growth & Development||55||PSYC 2314|
|Introductory Business Law||51||BUSG 2305|
|Introductory Psychology||53||PSYC 2301|
|Introductory Sociology||53||SOCI 1301|
|Principles of Macroeconomics||56||ECON 2301|
|Principles of Management||54||BMGT 1327|
|Principles of Marketing||50||MRKG 1311|
|Principles of Microeconomics||59||ECON 2302|
|Western Civilization I||54||HIST 2311|
|Western Civilization II||53||HIST 2312|
|Revised November 2014|