Skip to main content


Where can I get my immunization records?

The best resources for getting childhood immunization records are: parents, high school records, military records, personal physician, and the health department. Please know that the immunizations must be completed prior to clinical start dates. Note: A letter from parent or guardian regarding varicella (chicken pox) is no longer acceptable. Record of vaccines or titer showing proof of immunity is required.


Is the paramedic course going to be a "shift based" course?

Yes. The paramedic program will offer a Fast-Track (9 month) Shift based option as well as the Traditional Shift based model (12 month)


What are the days and times of the course?

For exact course times please reference the correlating application. 


Why did the course add the extra time for laboratory/skills each evening?

There are no longer night labs, unless there is a night class 


Did this additional time add to the number of hours needed to complete the paramedic course?

Yes and no. The semester credit hours were increased from 33 to 36 hours. The time dedicated to each class day was increased by two hours. We shortened the classroom hours and added a dinner break. The class day is longer; however, the course length remains the same.


When will I graduate?

The Fast Track Paramedics graduate in May, Traditional Paramedics in August. EMT courses are completed every December and May. 


When I successfully complete the course, will I be eligible to sit for the National Registry certification exam?

Yes! The Grayson College EMS Education program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs ( upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Education Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions.