- Discover Grayson
- President Note April 2020
- Celebration of Scholars
- GC Welcomes New HR Director
- GC Receives Texas Emergency Aid Grant
- GC CWL receives $287,000 from Skills Development Fund COVID-19 Special Initiative
- Grayson Together
- President's Note May 2020
- Appointment Instructions
- New Dean of South Campus
- Success Coach Spotlight - Valerie Ray
- Board seeks appointment after Richardson resigns
- Red River Compact Commission Meeting
- President's Note June 2020
- Success Coach Spotlight - Lewanda Diaz
- Athletics Update
- Congratulations to these Grayson Scholars
- Terrence Steele appointed as new member of GC Board of Trustees
- Success Coach Spotlight - Nancy Luthe
- Success Coach Spotlight - Kolton Hall
- New Dean of Student Affairs
- Enroll For Fall
- GC President Receives ACCT Chief Executive Officer Award
- Truth in Taxation
- President's Note July 2020
- Congratulations BSN Graduates!
- President's Note August 2020
- Student Support Services Grant Received
- National Science Foundation Grant
- GC Culinary Program Brings Home Awards
- PTK Virtual 5K
- Fall 2020 Graduation Applications
- President's Note September 2020
PTK Virtual 5K
Date: Fri, September 4, 2020 12:00 AM
Phi Theta Kappa participates in Virtual 5k to Support Scholarships
Runners and walkers across the nation are raising money to provide leadership and professional development opportunities to in-need community college students. The first-ever PTK Scholar Dash will raise money for PTK’s Golden Opportunity Scholarship, which waives the $60 international membership fee for in-need students and opens the door for academic and transfer scholarships, leadership skills, professional development, workforce training and much more.
“We’re excited to participate in the Virtual 5K because it allows us to safely engage in an important service project while also opening the door to membership for even more student” Chapter Advisor Mary Linder said. “We may be social distancing, but GC Student Life opportunities haven’t stopped, and we are always eager to connect.”
The local chapter at Grayson College established their team, The Pink Flamingos, with two advisors, seven members, four alumni and three friends. The fundraising goal was set at $800, and the team has earned $656 to date. The group will walk separately following physical distancing guidelines between September 15-30 to successfully complete the Virtual 5K.
Click here to make a contribution toward the team’s goal.
About the Society: Phi Theta Kappa is the premier honor society recognizing the academic achievement of students at associate degree-granting colleges and helping them to grow as scholars and leaders. The Society is made up of more than 3.5 million members and nearly 1,300 chapters in 11 nations, with approximately 240,000 active members in the nation’s colleges.
Learn more about PTK here.