- Discover Grayson
- President Note April 2020
- Celebration of Scholars
- GC Welcomes New HR Director
- GC Receives Texas Emergency Aid Grant
- GC CWL receives $287,000 from Skills Development Fund COVID-19 Special Initiative
- Grayson Together
- President's Note May 2020
- Appointment Instructions
- New Dean of South Campus
- Success Coach Spotlight - Valerie Ray
- Board seeks appointment after Richardson resigns
- Red River Compact Commission Meeting
- President's Note June 2020
- Success Coach Spotlight - Lewanda Diaz
- Athletics Update
- Congratulations to these Grayson Scholars
- Terrence Steele appointed as new member of GC Board of Trustees
- Success Coach Spotlight - Nancy Luthe
- Success Coach Spotlight - Kolton Hall
- New Dean of Student Affairs
- Enroll For Fall
- GC President Receives ACCT Chief Executive Officer Award
- Truth in Taxation
- President's Note July 2020
- Congratulations BSN Graduates!
- President's Note August 2020
- Student Support Services Grant Received
- National Science Foundation Grant
- GC Culinary Program Brings Home Awards
- PTK Virtual 5K
- Fall 2020 Graduation Applications
- President's Note September 2020
GC President Receives ACCT Chief Executive Officer Award
Date: Mon, August 10, 2020 12:00 AM
Grayson College President Dr. Jeremy McMillen has been chosen as the recipient of the 2020 Association of Community Colleges Trustee Western Regional Chief Executive Officer Award. This award will be presented at the Regional Awards Presentation during the 51st Annual ACCT Leadership Congress this October.
“I’m humbled by this award,” Dr. McMillen said. “We have an amazing team at Grayson College who make this recognition possible. Our work matters most of all for our students.”
In the eight years that Dr. McMillen has served as the President of GC, he has led the institution to initiate significant changes that have reduced time to degree by 9.5 months compared to other Texas community colleges, and successful course completions are at a 14-year high. The recent implementation of an eight-week schedule is expected to further enhance student success rates.
Under Dr. McMillen’s leadership, Grayson College became an Achieving the Dream (ATD) institution in 2014 and was named a Leader College of Distinction this year. Selected as a Texas Cadre 1 Guided Pathways school, GC has attended six Texas Pathways Institutes and has completed tasks leading to significant overhauls in policies, processes and the mission of the college. Work with both ATD and Guided Pathways has provided a number of opportunities for the implementation of programs and initiatives designed to improve student success, access and equity and the student experience.
“The Grayson College Board of Trustees selected Dr. McMillen to lead our College in 2012, and he has far exceeded our expectations,” the GC Board of Trustees said in their nomination. “Dr. McMillen has built strategic alliances with partners on the local, state, and federal level to support our mission for students to succeed in their educational endeavors. Student success is our driving passion, and every decision we make at Grayson College is focused to best serve our students.”
The Association of Community College Trustees (ACCT) is a non-profit educational organization of governing boards, representing more than 6,500 elected and appointed trustees who govern over 1,200 community, technical, and junior colleges in the United States and beyond.