TECH PREP STUDENTS
Click here to complete the
PETITION for TECH PREP CREDIT form.
Your Technical Credit will be placed on your GC transcript and may be used for
the articulated course in the AAS degree.
CAREER DECISION MYTHS
Myth: There is one right job for me.
- On the contrary, you are a multi-potential individual. There are numerous occupations
to which your talents can be equally applied and the nature of these possibilities
will expand as your work experience grows.
Myth: Career planning is an irreversible process.
- Not so. You can change career direction whenever your talents, needs, and resources
dictate or allow.
Myth: There is a particular set of job responsibilities for every occupation.
- On the contrary, people in positions having the same titles are very often performing
different tasks. The varying duties are due to the individual’s interests and capabilities
along with varying needs from employer to employer.
Myth: A four-year college degree guarantees a good paying job.
- Not so. Only 20% of current jobs require a four-year college education. It is very
important to remember that many jobs require technical skills as well.
Myth: Everyone should go to college.
- Everyone probably needs some training beyond high school. Think first about what
occupation you want, and then find out what education is necessary to do that job.
Remember, desire and effort is necessary to be successful in postsecondary education.