- Viking April 2017
- Veteran Open House and Forum
- Senior Day and Cinco de Mayo
- Evening of Excellence honors outstanding students
- Beat the Heat 5K to benefit scholarships
- Grayson College Performing Arts Camp
- Grayson College’s Phi Theta Kappa Chapter brings home awards
- Grayson College Music Department sets spring concert schedule
- Grayson College awarded NSF Grant
Veteran Open House and Forum
Date: Tue, March 28, 2017 12:00 AM
Transitioning from military service to civilian life can be challenging, and sometimes a little help makes all of the difference, particularly regarding veteran educational benefits.
For veterans and/or their dependents who are interested in learning more about using their educational benefits, the Grayson College Veteran Services Office will host an Open House on Wednesday, Apr. 5 from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. at the Veteran’s Hub, located on the second floor of the Life Center.
Following the Open House, the VSO will hold a Veterans Education Forum in the Viking Room, also located on the second floor of the Life Center, from 6 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. Guest speaker will be Craig Greenwood who will talk about student veteran benefits, the Hazelwood Act, veteran’s educational programs and more.
“We want people to feel free to come by and ask questions,” said Billy Teague, VSO Outreach Specialist at Grayson College. “We know there are a lot of veterans in our area, and navigating the world of educational benefits can be confusing. Our job is to make the transition a little easier.”
Both events are free and open to the public. For more information, please contact Billy Teague, VSO Outreach Specialist at email@example.com or 903-415-2630.