- Registration and payment deadlines are before the beginning of
each semester. Check the calendar for dates and deadlines.
There will be fees for missed deadlines.
- Deadlines and class schedules often vary from the high school
schedule-be aware of all GC deadlines.
- You will need to purchase books each semester. It is up
to you to contact the bookstore or your instructor for which books
you will need.
- You may be able to sell your books back at the end of the
- FREE tutoring is available and you have FULL access to all of
GC's resources including library and computer labs.
- The class syllabus is the "contract" for the course outlining
all course policies, requirements, expectations, assignments, books
needed, grading policies, and instructor contact information.
- Keep in contact with your professor (especially if you are
taking an Internet course).
- Once you begin taking classes at GC, you are a college student
and all GC policies apply to you.
- Your grades will not be mailed. Grades will be posted on Campus Connect. Individual course grading
policies will be on the course syllabus. Contact your professor
with any questions regarding grading.
- Keep your contact information updated at all times. You can
update your address using Campus Connect. Important
information about upcoming dates, deadlines, and events will be
mailed to you to the address on your Campus Connect profile.
- Dropping: You must contact your dual credit advisor prior to
the drop deadline and complete the appropriate form to be withdrawn
from a class.
- Parents do not have access to their child's academic
records at the college level.
- Student academic records are protected under FERPA-Family
Education Rights and Privacy Act. Please see the GC Catalog for further
- Enrollment and payment deadlines are before the first day of
classes. Check the calendar for specific
- Fees will be applied for missed
- Dual credit students are not eligible for federal financial
aid. See your high school counselor to check for tuition waiver
- Students will acquire a GC transcript. Courses will be permanently
recorded after census date
- Grades are not mailed. Grades will be posted on Campus Connect.
- Students have FULL access to all GC resources.
- Core classes transfer to any Texas public college or
- Students have 24 hour access to Blackboard and Campus Connect.
- In a dual credit or concurrent class, your student is a college
student - all GC policies will apply to that student.
High school students shall not be enrolled in more than two dual
credit courses per semester. Exceptions to this requirement for
students with demonstrated outstanding academic performance and
capability (as evidenced by grade-point average, ACT or SAT scores,
or other assessment indicators) may be approved by the principal of
the high school and the chief academic officer of the college." -
TAC Chapter 4, Subchapter D, Ch 4, (b) 7.