Frequently Asked Questions

1. Will the credits transfer?

The Texas Common Course Numbering System is  an effort among Texas community colleges and universities to facilitate transfer of freshman- and sophomore-level general academic coursework. However, we always encourage students to contact the admissions office at the receiving institution to verify policies and requirements.


2. How much will it cost?

The Board of Trustees of Grayson College annually sets tuition and fees for all GC courses and programs. GC charges dual credit students at any area high school according to the same predetermined schedule of tuition and fees as on-campus courses. Use the Grayson College Cost Calculator for estimated tuition, books, and fee information.


3.  Will I receive a bill for the tuition?

All student information (schedule, textbooks, fees/tuition, and grades will be provided electronically in the student's GC Portal. GC does not mail invoices.


4. Is financial aid available?

Students who are still attending high school are not eligible for any (FAFSA) government financial aid programs however, Grayson College has approved (3) separate types of tuition/fee exemptions available to qualifying students and/or a payment plan (deadlines do apply.) Check with your guidance counselor to determine if financial assistance is available or Contact GC's Business Office for payment plan information. 


5.  At what age may a student begin? 

According to the state of Texas, students may begin dual-enrollment courses as Juniors in high school; or of age sixteen (16). 


6.  If I start and need to stop, can I drop and get into a class at my high school?

Occasionally, students decide to drop one or all of their courses. Contact your counselor immediately so that you may discuss your schedule. YOU must inform the college of your plans to DROP! Failure to do so may reflect an F on your transcript!  A W has no academic consequences; however, full tuition will not be refunded.


7.  What courses are available?

Dual/Concurrent Credit courses are offered in a variety of subject areas. Contact your counselor to find out which courses are available through your high school.


8.  How do I get started?

Complete the Steps to Admission and contact your high school!


9.  Where can I get more information?

For more information, start at the main Dual Credit page.