Google Calendar makes it easy to organize your schedule and keep
track of events. You can create multiple calendars and share your
calendars with others.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I sync my Google Apps Calendar with
Yes, you can sync your new Google Calendar with Outlook,
and other 3rd party calendar programs as well. Click here
for more info on sync your Google Apps services.
- Can I invite a mailing list from the Grayson directory
to a meeting?
No. If you invite a mailing list, the attendees won't see the
meeting on their calendars. Therefore you must add each attendee
individually to your invitation. Or, you can create your own
"contact groups" using your Google Apps contacts picker, as
For information about using Google Groups for
meeting invitations, see: About Google Groups
- In your invitation, under Add Guests , click
Choose from contacts .
- In the contacts picker that appears, start typing the name of
one of the employees you want to invite.
- When the name appears, click it to add it to the list
- Repeat these steps for each employee you want to invite.
- Then select Save As Group to create a contacts
group in your personal contacts.
- Enter a name for the group, and then click OK
- Then click Done to invite the group to your
Now you can invite the same group to any meetings you schedule in
the future, by clicking Choose from contacts and
selecting the group in the drop-down list in the contacts picker
and selecting Select all .
- Can I invite meeting attendees who are outside of
Yes, you can send meeting invitations to any email address.
- If someone outside of Grayson sends me an invitation
from another type of calendar, can I accept the invitation on my
Yes, in most cases, you can. If possible, Google Calendar inserts
an Add to Calendar link in the invitation. Simply
click the link, and the invitation is added to your Google
calendar. Otherwise, if the invitation is in the standard .ics
format (such as Microsoft Outlook invitations), you can download
the .ics file and upload it to Google Calendar.