Recreational sports information can be picked up in the Student
Life office, located on the 2nd floor of the Life Center.
The following sports activities are offered:
- 4 on 4 Flag Football
- 4 on 4 Sand Volleyball
- 3 on 3 Basketball
- 5 on 5 Soccer
Games are played on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 12pm and 12:30pm.
The recreational sports field is located near the Grayson water
tower. All sporting events are co-recreational in design. T-shirts
are awarded to the winning team in their respective sport and the
winning teams name is placed on a wall plaque in the Life
Games and Tournaments
Numerous games and tournaments are scheduled throughout the fall
and spring semesters.
Types of games: Ping pong, 8-ball, foosball, dominoes,
checkers,and video games.
Fitness Center Amenities
- Workout room with free weights and circuit training equipment.
Elliptical machines, treadmills and bikes are available for
- Aerobic exercise room.
- Fitness Center Office.
- Dressings rooms with showers.
- Reserved lockers for faculty/staff.
- Day use lockers for students, faculty and staff.
* Basketballs, volleyballs and other sports related equipment
must be provided by the user.
* A complimentary towel service will be provided.
* Day use lockers are available for students and employees. Ask
the Fitness Center attendant on duty for details.
* A limited number of reserved lockers are availble for faculty
and staff. Contact Thresea Barnett, AD for details.
* Dressing rooms, showers and restrooms are available.
Evening Open Gym
The Grayson Gymnasium is open for student use when not occupied
by a physical education class or by the Athletic Department.
Supervised, free play, gymnasium time(s) may vary weekly and from
month to month during any given semester. Use of this space and/or
the exercise equipment without college supervision is
The "evening open gym" concept is designed to encourage
students/employees to participate in informal, recreational sports
activities during their leisure time. The following rules apply to
the Evening Open Gym Program:
- Only Grayson students and/or employees are eligible to
participate. *The activity is closed to the general public.
- Participants must provide their Grayson ID card, sign in upon
arrival, sign a liability release waiver and sign out when
departing. These procedures will be followed nightly.
Instructions for Checking Out Recreation/Game Equipment in the
- Students must present a valid Grayson photo ID card to the
staff person on duty. The card is kept in the office until the user
returns the equipment. The equipment will not be checked out
without the Grayson identification card. Substitute identification
or personal items will not be accepted in place of the proper
identification. Equipment users are responsible for damaged or
broken equipment. The Director of Student Life will access the
proper charges. Failure to pay will result in loss of Student Cener
privileges and/or a hold will be placed on your grades.
- Equipment users must sign the equipment checkout book, located
on the desk, within the Office of Student Life. Please complete the
sign out and sign in procedure in its entirety. This data is very
- There is no time limit on the use of equipment. DO NOT WALK OFF
AND LEAVE EQUIPMENT ON THE TABLES. Please return the equipment to
the office. Sign the book and ask the staff person for your ID
card. *The Office of Student Life is not responsible for ID cards
left overnight. Unclaimed cards left longer than 5 business days
will be destroyed.
- Recreation/game equipment available for student use:
- Billiard balls and cues
- Table tennis paddles and balls
- Mini basketballs for the electronic basketball game
- Air-Hockey strikers and pucks
- PSII entertainment centers
- Assorted PS II games
- Assorted table games (chess, checkers, dominoes, playing cards,
- Any form of gambling is prohibited.
The hours of operation for The Office of Student Life, games
area and lounge can be found on bulletin boards located in the Life
Center. This information may also be found on the Grayson homepage
under College Calendar.