Current students of Grayson College are automatically registered
to receive voice and email messages via GC Alert , the college's emergency
notification system. This web-based service sends high-priority
messages during urgent situations.
Manage your contact profile to the service online through GC Alert . You can update your contact
information for receiving alerts, and you can add, delete, or
update your devices.
How to Manage Your GC Alert
- Go to GC Alert .
- Select the Sign Me Up! (next to the
Login button) to get started.
- Enter your information to receive an email from the Blackboard
- Click the link provided in the email to sign into the
- Select Edit contact information once you are
logged in to the system.
- Under the Find Contacts section, enter
your Grayson Student ID as your identification number and
- Enter your Grayson Email Address, or phone number, and select
Student when prompted.
- In the Contact section, you can add,
edit, or delete your alert devices.
- Click Subscriptions to opt-in to any Grayson
College subscription services you would like to receive.
More About GC Alert
- The alert service is currently available and will be
used in emergencies, drills, and exercises,
including campus closings.
- Any time you log in to GC Alert , you
can edit your alert devices and
update your contact information.
- While not mandatory, it is recommended that you
to enter a device to receive a text message. A
text message will very likely be the most convenient, immediate,
and reliable way to receive an alert during an emergency situation.
- Notifications will still be available through voice and email
unless you change your profile.
- Emergency information will still be communicated by the main
Grayson College phone line and the Grayson College website .
- In the event of weather closings, information will also be
available through Cancellations.com .
- Alerts will appear like other text
messages normally do on your device. The message will be sent
by Grayson College officials and inform you of the situation
- The cost of the text messages will be handled according to your
carrier and plan, just like your other texts. There is no
- You can add up to 14 different devices to your
profile to receive GC Alert .