Grayson College faculty, staff, and the general public can
register to receive voice and email messages via GC Alert, the college's emergency
notification system. This web-based service sends high-priority
messages during urgent situations.
Manage your contact profile to the service online
through GC Alert. You can update
your contact information for receiving alerts, and you can add,
delete, or update your devices.
How to Manage Your GC Alert
- Go to GC Alert.
- Select the Sign Me Up! (next to
the Login button) to get started.
- Enter your information to receive an email from the Blackboard
- Select the link provided in the email to sign into the
- Select Edit contact information once
you are logged in to the system.
- Here you can add, edit, or delete your alert devices.
- Click Subscriptions to opt-in to any
Grayson College subscription services you would like to
More About GC Alert
- The alert service is currently available and will be
used in emergencies, drills, and exercises,
including campus closings.
- Any time you log in to GC Alert, you
can edit your alert devices and
update your contact information.
- While not mandatory, it is recommended that you
to enter a device to receive a text message. A
text message will very likely be the most convenient, immediate,
and reliable way to receive an alert during an emergency situation.
- Notifications will still be available through voice and email
unless you change your profile.
- Emergency information will still be communicated by the main
Grayson College phone line and the Grayson College website.
- In the event of weather closings, information will also be
available through Cancellations.com.
- Alerts will appear like other text
messages normally do on your device. The message will be sent
by Grayson College officials and inform you of the situation
- The cost of the text messages will be handled according to your
carrier and plan, just like your other texts. There is no
- You can add up to 14 different devices to your
profile to receive GC Alert.