Grayson College is looking for an energetic web administrator who has the graphic design and creative writing abilities to create
an engaging online experience, as well as the technical and organizational skills to maintain an extensive website.
This position serves as the primary Web specialist to ensure the accurate and professional design, functionality, and
maintenance of a high quality, current, and user-friendly website through a high-end proprietary Web CMS. Must work
collaboratively to manage Grayson College’s online presence, train content managers, and maintain current and new online
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Maintain an interactive and engaging online experience for desktop and mobile users.
- Ensure that graphics, notices and pages are timely, necessary, accurate and consistent with the overall
messaging of the college.
- Ensure the website operates correctly and tests for errors such as broken links or outdated content;
troubleshoots web requests and issues.
- Monitor website traffic and analytics; optimize the website for maximum exposure during searches.
- Create website graphics and provide photographic/videographic support.
- Engage the viewer by integrating graphics, audio, video, and flipbooks, etc. into the website.
- Evaluate and demonstrate new web technology as it becomes available for the purpose of determining how these fit
into the GC environment.
- Ensure that web-based accessibility standards are met according to federal, state, and college requirements.
- Support established graphic standards and coordinate with the Marketing/Public Information Office to ensure
alignment with the campus brand.
- Collaborate with and/or support and advise content managers’ desire for improving website functionality and use to
accomplish their goals; approve web pages for functionality and design standards.
- Maintain an engaging and interactive social media presence. Coordinate individual department or organization use of
- Work with IT personnel and Web CMS provider to ensure interactive and digital applications work correctly and that
any and all modifications are within the established technical standards; ensure cross-browser compatibility.
- Collaborate with IT personnel to ensure that Blackboard, Campus Connect, Maxient, Career Coach, etc. links and
interfaces work properly and are easily accessible.
- Participate in college committees related to website and social media issues; attend professional development