Work collaboratively to develop all aspects of the Grayson College online presence, including social media, and maintain current and new online services. This position serves as the primary Web design specialist to ensure the accurate and professional design, development, functionality, and maintenance of a high quality, current, and user-friendly website.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop, design and maintain an interactive and engaging online experience for desktop and mobile users.
o Ensure that graphics, notices and pages are timely, necessary, accurate and consistent with the overall messaging of the college.
o Ensure the website operates correctly and tests for errors such as broken links or outdated content; troubleshoots web requests and issues.
o Monitor website traffic and analytics; optimize the website for maximum exposure during searches.
o Create website graphics and provide photographic/videographic support.
o Engage the viewer by integrating graphics, audio, video, and flipbooks into the website.
• Evaluate and recommend options for open-source or proprietary content management solutions.
• Evaluate and demonstrate new web technology as it becomes available for the purpose of determining how these fit into the GC environment.
• Ensure that web-based accessibility standards are met according to federal, state, and college requirements.
• Develop graphic standards and/or coordinate with the Marketing/Public Information Office to ensure alignment with the campus brand.
• Provide templates and interface screens for departments and content managers to utilize; approve web pages for functionality and design standards.
o Collaborate with and/or support and advise content managers’ desire for improving website functionality and use to accomplish their goals.
• Maintain an engaging and interactive social media presence. Coordinate individual department or organizational use of social media.
• Work with IT personnel to ensure interactive and digital applications work correctly and that any and all modifications are within the established technical standards; ensure cross-browser compatibility.
• Collaborate with IT personnel to ensure that Blackboard, Campus Connect, Maxient, Career Coach, etc. links and interfaces work properly and are easily accessible.
• Participate in college committees related to website and social media issues; attend professional development activities.
the ability to prioritize and execute tasks within a fast-paced deadline driven department. Proven ability to build consensus within cross-departmental teams. Ability to communicate and engage within a strong creative marketing team as well as with internal and external customers and vendors. Knowledge of organizational communication, branding, and integrated marketing tactics. Demonstrated knowledge of web accessibility laws and standards as they apply to public websites.
/r/nPreferred - Three or more years of experience in website development and design. Experience in a graphic design, creative solutions, marketing environment. Strong creative writing and proofreading skills. Photography skills and experience. Videography experience (YouTube, presentations, etc.)