Mission & Vision
The mission of Grayson College is Student Success.
According to Texas Education Code 130.003 (e) the purpose of each public community college shall be to provide:
- Technical programs up to two years in length leading to associate degrees or certificates;
- Vocational programs leading directly to employment in semi-skilled and skilled occupations;
- Freshman and sophomore courses in arts and sciences;
- Continuing adult education for occupational or cultural upgrading.
- Compensatory education programs designed to fulfill the commitment of an admissions policy allowing the enrollment of disadvantaged students;
- A continuing program of counseling and guidance designed to assist students in achieving their individual educational goals;
Workforcedevelopment programs designed to meet local and statewide needs;
- Adult literacy and other basic skills programs for adults; and
- Such other purposes as may be prescribed by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board or local governing boards in the best interest of post-secondary education in Texas.
Grayson College is a premier learning college that transforms individuals, builds communities, and inspires excellence.
The Viking Values are balance, trust, clarity, teamwork, service, and gratitude.
Achieving the Dream College
Helping students be successful and helping build a quality workforce has been Grayson College’s role in our region for nearly five decades. Our services, programs, and processes have contributed to an environment for student success, and we have much to celebrate. With Student Success by the Numbers (SSBTN) we began to create a culture of data and evidence to guide our thoughts on how to improve students’ completion and persistence rates. Seeing the positive influence of SSBTN, it is time for Grayson College to evolve into an institution that has Student Success at the heart of every decision and action. By joining Achieving the Dream, we will embark on a multi-year journey that transforms the way we interact with, support, and teach our students while they achieve their educational goals.